WEEK 2: HE'S OFF TO THE PROVO MISSIONARY TRAINING CENTER

BYE-BYE Nana & Papa!

This situation was the first to cause some tears.  Papa ended up getting sick, and we didn't want to risk Jake getting sick so the day before his flight, we took him to his grandparent's house and this is how he had to say good-bye.
He was very upset that he couldn't hug them, and he couldn't go inside and watch the last 2 episodes of "The Chosen" with them.



    
A Man's Best Friend

This was another tough good-bye. Isabelle (Izzy) has been Jake's roommate for the last 10 years approximately.  They have taken good care of each other...


Get your Protein on!

Nolan, Sam's boyfriend, also wanted to do a special send off for Jake, so he fixed him his favorite protein-filled dinner - STEAK!



So how in the 
world am I supposed
to fit all this....



... into just
these three
suitcases?!

Thank you to all my awesome friends...
who took the time to write a message and include pics 
of great memories in this photo album that I am
taking with me to have a piece of home with me always!


MEM airport to SLC airport...
... it's time to go!








Made it to SLC along with
another missionary from Bartlett!



Big brother Nathan & Brooke
picked me up and took me to
Raising Cane's for lunch.
Little did I know that it 
would be my "Last Supper"
and much better than what
I would be eating for the
next two weeks!  LOL !





I finally made it to the Provo
Missionary Training Center
(aka the MTC)












To my surprise, the very next
day after entering the MTC,
they took us to the
Provo City Center Temple
Here's what Elder Pennington wrote on his FB post:

"My district and I attended the beautiful Provo City
Center Temple today, and it reminded me of how
much Heavenly Father loves his children.
I hope you understand that you
are a child of God, he loves you."

A couple days later, Lisa got a text with the picture below.
Sister Whitmer is our Bishop's daughter in the
Collierville 1st Ward - Small World! She was asked
to teach his class while his teacher was sick.

Here's what she wrote:
"I got to sub for Jake's class today
and he's the best missionary ever! I thought you'd
wanna know that he's doing great and is such a
good influence on his district :) You should
SERIOUSLY be proud!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT'S DECEMBER 18, 2013 AND JAKE IS OFFICIALLY ELDER PENNINGTON

WEEK 1: HOME MTC? WELL THIS IS DIFFERENT...